Indulge in these double chocolate banana muffins that contain more nutrients than your average salad!
So we all love muffins, we love chocolate, and most of us love chocolate banana muffins…right? Well, if I’m wrong these muffins might not be the ones for you but if you’re feeling daring, I urge you to try these not only because they’re delicious, gluten-free, and vegan but because they contain 5 awesome superfoods:
- Quinoa Flour – a little nutty in flavor, but packed with protein and all the essential amino acids that our body can’t make on its own.
- Dark Chocolate – rich in antioxidants, chocolate is not only delicious but beneficial for our mind and physical health with all its magnesium.
- Spirulina – a freshwater algae known for having detoxifying effects as well as being a complete source of protein!
- Spinach – full of fiber, calcium, and a large variety of other nutrients & minerals, spinach is truly a superfood that should never be overlooked!
- Flax Seeds – a great source of omega 3 fatty acids which promote our anti-inflammatory responses as well as our brain health!
These 5 superfoods should be enough reason to want to start baking. But, I will be honest and say even without these super add-on’s, these muffins are still delicious and make for a great snack, any time of the day!
I promise you won’t even know that these amazing ingredients are even there. Yes, the color is darker and they’re super moist, but the chocolate is the star flavor here. Hiding ingredients like this in baked goods makes eating them more fun, so why not, right?
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a pic and tag me online so I can see your creations @mealsbytiia!